Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Girls in Pearls: My Dreams of the SEC

Well, faithful readers, it's almost here. In 12 hours and 8 minutes, Chris will depart for Oxford, MS, for a weekend that has been built up for me for nearly a year.

Yep, you guessed it, Chris is going to the Grove at Ole Miss to drink bourbon, eat cheese grits, drink more bourbon, and holler at women.

In what promises to be one of the more enjoyable weekends of my life, 13 fellow classmates (actually, they're friends) and I are attending a weekend of football, parties, and general elegance in the heart of the southeastern conference. The message has been delivered: Texas is coming down for the game, and people seem excited to host. To say that I am excited would be an understatement.

Never one to look out of place, I wound up having to purchase attire for this weekend (don't worry people, you'll find pics posted on my facebook account shortly after I get back). Items bought specifically for this weekend include: navy blue polo shirt, white polo shirt, khakis, steve maddens, top siders. Yes, I bought a fucking pair of top siders -- I can't believe it either. Of course, I will sport the wristbands (I am bring red, white, blue, and black bands) so as to avoid any misguided Carlton references (for the record, I am 5'8" which is a full 2 inches taller than him, in better shape, and obviously more charismatic). To complete the look, I borrowed the official ROCC (read: River Oaks Country Club) belt from my privileged friend B-lo.

Obviously, I can't wait to see the girls, but I also want to see Gris break out the old UVA fratboy looks. Methinks he'll find himself in his natural habitat. Haha.

The only downside here are those pesky little midterms that loom around the corner (translation, next week). Those should go ok, provided I get some studying done over the next two days.

I do apologize in advance for any drunk dials any of you may receive. Of course, if I'm drunk dialing then that means I'm not doing my job on these SEC women. So we'll see.

Texas by 35 over Iowa State in the Chizik Bowl. Missouri over Oklahoma.

Stay up y'all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you get misguided Carlton references often? That's hilarious - you are so not a Carlton.

Anonymous said...

So dude. . . What happened? Did you get any SEC ass? Hope you had as much fun as you thought?

Anonymous said...

Dude. Where's the sideboob post??? Haha :)