Sunday, June 15, 2008

Diss

This past Friday, driven by my desire to be social, I went out with a few friends to a couple of bars in Houston. As is typical when a group of dudes (there were four of us on this night, actually it's pretty typical for my anyway, regardless of whom I come to the bar with, chicks or guys) rolls into a bar/club, I immediately rushed the bar, ordered some initial libations, and began making small talk with my friends. Obviously, this small talk is just that, largely a time suck while we cruise the landscape looking for potential lottery winners (I'll explain this concept later). At this first bar, I noticed a particularly undesirable situation brewing just about 10 feet from me. An unfortunate soul was being given a stiff Heisman by the bitch girl he was talking to. Clearly he was being dissed, but the funny part of this sequence was how painfully obvious the girl made it that she wasn't interested in talking.

I kind of felt bad for the dude (I perhaps should add this was guy a fairly good looking black guy and the girl was a very average white chick; my entire diatribe on that subject is coming in a future post) because he was simply playing a wingman role while his friend (a pudgy, older douchebag wearing a white linen shirt and pants) hit on a totally busted chick (she was huge).

Anyway, back to the wingman. After probably 5 or 10 minutes of forced/awkward/uneasy conversation, this chick, perhaps subconsciously, starts doing everything from physically turning her body away from the guy, tapping her friend on the shoulder (while she's being hit on by the other guy) to talk to her, chain smoking a cigarette, making 3 trips to either the bar or bathroom, clearly scoping out other people in the bar, checking her cell phone/blackberry/iphone. It was terrible; the ultimate diss for a (preusmably nice) guy trying to be a good friend and wingman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the wingman. Mighty wingman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POiA8BJ9Psc