Sunday, June 22, 2008

Random: June 22nd

In what can only be strangely described as a half-amazing, half-awful experience, I believed I have discovered the Houston version of Spill, the bar/club I frequented in Austin. It's call iBar, and it's the dirtiest place on the Houston social landscape I've ever seen. If this place doesn't sound familiar to most of you, fret not. You're not out of the loop, it's that iBar is relatively new, as it recently replaced the Grasshopper club at 506 Main.

Naturally, I had to investigate this atrocity (at least it was free cover). My suspicions were confirmed as true when I walked it, saw few people over the age of 22, a bunch of obviously underage chicks drinking and well on their way to intoxication and/or roofie slippage (the guys in this place were not on the up-and-up). I ordered up what turned out to be a terrible vodka tonic (this always happens when I order a drink with house liquor, I should know better), which was so terrible I didn't finish it.

The bright side? The girls are easily approachable. Seems like if you come across as even a halfway decent individual (i.e. you finished high school and have a job), you're in. Chris likes low standards.

While I don't think I'll be hitting up iBar again anytime soon, it was useful to cross it off my list of places to go downtown.

In other news, Big EZ (aka Strongarm Simpson) and I are throwing the first of what will eventually be a series of sweet parties at our apartment in Dallas later this summer. Details and invitations will come your way soon.

Finally, I don't know why I think this is cool, but evidently I need to vacation to Cape Cod this summer. Seems alot of people are having fun there these days...

No comments: