Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Strange days

It's about time I got back on this horse. I have a lot to talk about too. Anyway, this is a recap of my day today. All of this is true:

-wake up at 3am bc I can't sleep and couldn't go back to sleep
-drive to airport for 640am flight-sit next to lady on the plane who is wearing one of those light blue medical mask things you put on your face. She is old. She is also asian. I am thinking she has swine flu. I become nervous.
-it is raining (a lot) in st louis. Neither BEL nor I brought an umbrella. My hair gets wet. My hair should never be wet.
-guy in our second meeting is telling us about his business. He says his product is selling like hotcakes (I can't make this up). Somewhere, I see you cringing and doing something weird with your nose.
-on the way to lunch, my shoe breaks -- as in, the part where my foot goes in detaches from the sole, so I'm just flopping around.
-BEL suggests "gluing" it together with bubble gum.
-the only gum I have is big red. So I chew some up and stick it in between the foot part and the sole.
-it doesn't work. In fact, it fails miserably. The gum (which is red) is compressed by my bodyweight on the shoe and starts seeping out the side of my shoe. And I'm back to flopping around again bc the gum is not holding.
-thankfully lunch is at a mall, so BEL and I go to a macy's and he sits there as I try on and eventually buy a new pair of shoes. I try to charge them on the corporate card. BEL says no. I'm thinking I feel like I'm with my dad. This concerns me. Anyway, I take my old shoes with me so I can get them fixed in dallas.
-thankfully my flight is on time, and my hair is dry

BEL is my team leader. we travel together when we go on marketing trips.

More to come. The blog is back.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Funny about the swine flu mask - when I was at LAX a month ago I saw several people with them on -all also Asian for some reason.

And I think you should leave the gum on the shoe. Nobody else will have a shoe quite like that!!

Kristi said...

I noticed you haven't posted in about a week.....don't you know that your job is to keep me entertained while I am at work??!! I need new reading material!