Monday, September 03, 2007

Longhorns and Bruins really CAN get along!

I gotta say, this was probably my most favorite guest-hosting experience ever. Not to knock any of you other out of town readers, but I really, really enjoyed this one.

On Thursday, my friend MD and her friend BB came in from LA to visit me in ATX. I met MD from an event at UT that took place last year.

They're both UCLA, I'm Texas. They're Pac-10, I'm Big XII. They're "hella cool dude" and I'm a "nice southerner, y'all". But despite these random differences, I was tasked to show them a good time. Thankfully, Austin was the perfect setting.

Between the Hula Hut, UT and UT Football (again girls, I wish we had played better), a taste of the 6th and 4th street bar scene, some good Austin food (not to mention free Wendy's frosty's AND home cooked brunch on Saturday, which I'm still having little taste bud orgasms over), and a couple random jokes about Indian IT consulting firms and "the Iraq", I had a blast with these two. In what may be the biggest understatement of the year, I can't wait to go out to LA to visit. Hopefully I can get out there within the next few months (MD starts a prominent California-based business school program in a month, so scheduling with have to wait until then).

I wish they could have stayed longer. Driving back home from the airport was kind of depressing b/c I had such a good time and missed them already. Seriously, you two have an open invitation, (correction, a wide-open invitation) to come down whenever you want, and I really mean that.

In other news, there's more football on today, and I have a ton of hw to do, so I'll write more later.

No comments: